If you want to know the process of installing and activating a WordPress theme, then this is the right place for you as today we are going to make you aware of how to do it. You can install these themes free of cost or paid, as you like it. But in the beginning, you may want to give it a try on a free basis until you get a considerable amount of knowledge about it. But you have to keep in mind that changing a theme doesn’t only change the look of your website but some features will also be affected. You must go through what extra and less does this theme hold.
- Firstly, you should go to your WordPress backend dashboard.
- The straight go on the “appearance” and click on “themes”.
- Then you have to choose the “add new button”.
- Then a number of options will come on your screen related to themes and you have to choose according to your choice and convenience. Also, keep in mind to see the features related to the theme but visiting the option of “features”.
- Simply have to install the theme by clicking on the install button and you are done.
Why can’t I upload a theme on WordPress?
To make your website look attractive, you can install these themes but what if you are not able to pass them. There is a problematic error. This means that the theme is not properly coded. All you have to do is as soon as your plugins are deactivated, logout, and then login again. Try to pass it once again.
How can I access the best and most attractive designed themes for my pages?
This is a matter of concern as you need to be aware of most of the matters before choosing any theme and you need to be a lot more knowledgeable about this. Different themes come with different tools of using and you have to see which one you need for yours. Some of the key points you require to keep in mind before selecting your theme are:
- Go for clarity, uncomplicated and simple so that you can handle it easily.
- Responsiveness should be your priority.
- The browser should be well matched.
- Plugins should be back supported as if they are not, themes won’t work.
- The translation should be on the tips.
- Page builders
- Help options and executives
- SEO favored.
- Ratings should be high as reviews and ratings tell you a lot about why to purchase and why not to about every product nowadays.
WordPress allows you to use what number of themes? Just one or many more?
You can keep a number of themes in your store but only one theme can be used and activated at one point of time because different themes have different features and they will not coordinate among themselves.
Can a theme is seen on another website be used on ours or can we copy a theme seen somewhere else?
If the theme you have chosen is for free then “yes” you can use it but if it is a paid theme then you have to face a lot of issues. These themes have licenses without which they can’t be accessed. Along with this if you have the license of a theme and you want to re-enter it on another page of yours then the first website will stop working. On another note, if it is a paid theme of any legal domain then it can’t be accessed.
How do zip files allow us to intake various themes and activate those?
- Go directly to the “appearance” and then “themes” in your dashboard.
- Go to “add new”.
- Go to “upload” and install it from there and see on your screen that the installation doesn’t stop.
- If it gets installed without any issues then activate it.
- Then look at the features of the theme, how it works, widgets that it holds, and others.
How can individual select themes use the official theme directory?
Themes from the official theme directory can also be installed in the same way as those mentioned above. There are no major changes. Also, you will be able to see the preview of the themes before you install them so that if it is paid, your money doesn’t get wasted.
How to install a WordPress theme using FTP?
- Go to your WordPress and log in.
- Go to the “appearance” and then “themes” as before that will be available on your dashboard.
- Then move on to “add new”.
- Then choose the theme that you have to install and keep.
- After the process of downloading is done you need to install it.
- Activate it as soon as it gets installed.
How to install child theme WordPress?
Installing a child WordPress theme intakes a similar process as we have shared above while installing the themes in different ways. You need to follow a similar process for installation and activation. Child themes have all the features that a parent theme holds which they have borrowed.